Monday, July 2, 2012

Reaching Beyond Yourself

When I woke up and went off to work this morning, the last thing I was thinking about was anyone else out there who was in the same boat as I was - off to work to provide for our families! Almost everyone does it, in one form or another, and it is easy to get caught up in 'our' believed purpose for the day. However, when we pause for just a minute, we can see those who are struggling just as we are or, unfortunately, are scraping from every last reserve just to make it through each day. Whatever the case may be, we are not alone, in any sense of the word, in the monotony of the daily grind or worldly struggles.




 For me, there were several times today when I was presented with a 'choose-your-own-adventure' type of action; let the man behind you in the grocery line with two items go ahead of you, let the semi-truck into traffic on a very busy road, talk to someone who needs a friend, listen to someone who wants to share a story as you pass them in the isle of Goodwill...whatever or who-ever comes your way, it is entirely up to us on how we choose to proceed. I like to think of it as an opportunity to show people there is good left in the world...good that comes from knowing Christ and wanting to share Him with others.

Make a choice and make it happen!!

Lending a Hand
(Exceprt from One-Minute Prayers for Women)


She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy.
~Proverbs 31:20~


To whom should I give today? Whom can I help? Let me start the day with this question, Lord. If I am asking to be of service, then I cannot ignore the opportunities when they arise. I have looked into the needy faces and kept walking. I think too much about such things. My mind asks, "How can I fix someone's life?"
You ask me to be a woman of charity and kindness. My actions to assist another child of God become a part of Your will for that person. You are not calling me to fix her, to make her whole. Only You can do that. My job is to lend a hand along the way.

~
I hope you find this verse and prayer as encouraging as I have. We work for Christ, and when we let Him shine through us, we truly make a difference!

Reach out!! Share it with me...I'd love to hear how you let Christ work through you!


No comments:

Post a Comment