Saturday, June 30, 2012


Strength in Obedience
(One-Minute Prayers for Women - an excerpt)

She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.
~Proverbs 31:17

God, let me dive into the tasks I have before me at work and at home. I want to face my resposnibilities with great strength and effort. I want to be hardworking in every setting. May my focus be to serve You, no matter what the job. When I honor You with the labor of my hands and mind, I know it strengthens me spiritually. Everything is connected to what is good and right.

Lead me to responsibilities that are of importance to You. Guide me away from fruitless efforts. I want my life to count. I want my work to please You.

-----------

All I can say is 'Amen!'

How very true this verse and prayer are to me, especially after the type of week I've had. We all have our own battles, struggles,  & obstacles to fight and work through each week...this week has made me acutely aware of this. Our mind-set tells us that if we long for something and  it feels like it is the right course of action, we should whole-heartedly try to change the situation.

This week has been the turning point for me...I have come to the very clear realization that if what I 'feel' is not in God's plans for me, it won't happen, no matter how hard I try. This week, particularly, has had one little issue I was certain God was telling me to address and try to help. So, help I tried, and all I did was fail in every way!

My husband, Cam, and I spent the day together and we had an opportunity to listen to a podcast by Joel Osteen entitled, "Run Your Race". Mr. Osteen told of many examples of when a person followed what they 'thought' God was telling them to do...and many of those attempts ended in failure. Why? Simple really. If God has a plan for us, he'll make it happen. If not, then we will find out we have to rely on those around us for support...which usually doesn't work out. If it's truly in God's plan for our lives, we will succeed!

I have been struggeling with some issues lately that I was confident God was trying to show me how to 'fix' . After several failed attempts, I found myself at the throne of God asking why I couldn't change the situation. My answer came today in a sermon. I can't fix things. If God has willed it for my life, He will help me make it happen. Period.

God is leading me where He has planned me to go...and no where else! Now I must have the faith to follow Him in whatever direction He leads.

I feel this is true for us all. When we can accept and follow God's will for our lives, things will happen and change! Have faith and persue it!


 


Has this changed your thoughts about a situation or your journey in life? Please share it! I would love to hear it a pray for you! Keep running the race...the finish line is with-in sight!!

1 comment:

  1. Amen!

    We need to have a good heart to heart so I'm hoping our planned weekend works out! I would love to have some good Jen/Julia time because it's always amazing! I can't wait to go for our usual amazing walks up the street and just relax with you and Cam! Great blog Jen! I love you!

    ReplyDelete