Monday, June 18, 2012

An Evening With...

As we go throughout our normal busy lives, we are often completely overwhelmed by the happenings of the day to experience any sort of peace in the evening. Today, I wanted to change that. God created the dawn and the dusk...not favoring one over the over, so I am choosing to rejoice in them both!

Prayer Song
(excerpt from One-Minute Prayers for Women)

By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me - a prayer to the God of my life.

~Psalm 42:8


I sing to You, Lord. My joy, heartache, and thanksgiving create a symphony of emotion. In the solitude of nightfall, I cannot help but sing. I release the worries of my day to Your care. I trust Your with my today and my tomorrow. My panic turns to peace as the first notes of praise drift heavenward.

Your concern touches me. Your voice blends with mine for a few sweet moments. You wrote this song to comfort me every night. You share it with me so I can come to You when the confines of words and dialogue stifle meaning. By day, Lord, guide me with Your love. By night, free me with Your melody. In every moment Your are the God of my life.


May peace and fulfillment find you at any point in the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment