Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Reflection For Women

This post is slightly biased, but this one is for us, girls!

This prayer really struck me this evening as I read, and took-in, every word...probably because of how true it is, especially in my life.

As I have grown in years and maturity (along with a degree in sociology and psychology) the role of women & girls in this society has become very clear. For some time, I have been bothered by the emphasis we all seem to place on outward beauty and appearance. Now, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with taking pride in our appearance; this vessel is our gift from God and we need to care for it. I just think women have lost sight of what is truly important in life...and what will make us truly happy.

I have struggled for years with low self-esteem and lack of confidence because I didn't measure-up to others' ideas of beauty and perfection; I let everyone place a value on me instead of focusing on my value as a christian woman.

 I work everyday to try to change this attitude. That is why I find this prayer so poignant.

My prayer is that reading this will allow all of the women, young women, and girls to find happiness within themselves. We are ALL beautiful and precious children of Christ!


(The following prayer comes from One-Minute Prayers For Women)




Absolutes

We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true - even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

~1 John 5:20~

Lord, do you see all the ways women are invited to falseness? A pretentious attitude and a modified appearance will get you far. That is what the world offers. No wonder so many women and young girls struggle with a sense of self. Your love grounds Your children in truth about their worth. We are all valuable because we are Yours.

Even if I cannot always tell which world image is real or retouched, I know the image of the cross is true. I can believe in You completely.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment