Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Lesson in Charity

This was my prayer of the evening and I found it so striking, I just wanted to share it!

The Riches of Hope
(Excerpt from One-minute Prayers for Women)

Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.

~ 1 Timothy 6:17-18~



Your are my provider, Lord. You gave me life, and You will create ways for me to follow in Your way. I should not question this, yet I have been in situations where financial uncertainty cause me to doubt the plans You have for me. I question what tomorrow might bring, rather than counting on what my Lord might bring.

I turn my circumstances over to You today. I will accept the goodness and the riches You allow. From the blessings You give, I will give to other people. I will strive to put my hope in You, God, not in my bank account. Let this step of faith encourage me to take bigger leaps tomorrow.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pray you find encouragement in this, as I did. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment