Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Wonders of Summer Vegetables


The time has come...I'm beginning to get quite an array of vegetables ripening in this wonderful weather we have been so blessed with!

I've picked three heads of broccoli so far and am hoping that they will soon send out off shoots that will be ready to eat later this summer. I picked the last of my peas, more Swiss chard, beets, and kale. I folded down the tops of my onions and set them on the top of the soil to cure. So much is changing so very quickly now.

Things are progressing beautifully and I'm so excited to be able to experience it all! I've been really busy with my cousin and work, but none-the-less, I always make time to appreciate the very simple calm side of life...my garden!

Along with garden work, we've been really busy working on our home as well. We have painted two bedrooms so far and are working on baseboards and trim. It may be very time consuming, but when it's all said and done, its so rewarding!

Tomorrow we have another hike planned...Misery Ridge! I'm excited! I'll keep you posted on how it goes!!

Enjoy the weather and the blessings the garden brings this time of year! When we take a step back and truly appreciate what hard work and discipline can do (along with blessings :-) a whole new type of appreciation emerges!!

Let me know about your gardens and the things you find to do this time of year...even your favorite part of the season. I'd love to hear it!!

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment