Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Something Remarkable

Today was a bit of a struggle for me. I went to work and had very little energy. When I arrived home this afternoon, my cousin and I had to decide if we wanted to take a hike or try to start a project around the house. We opted for the former...we needed to get outside!

We decided to hike Misery Ridge at Smith Rock State Park...this is somewhat 'over-dramatic' but this hikes name was befitting of my disposition after work this afternoon. :-) Any how, we set off and decided to just make the most of the beautiful afternoon - no matter how we felt emotionally.

As we began, just as the trail described, it was a lot of work!! We could have easily stopped and turned back to the car. But instead, we chose to keep going. We hiked and climbed, and when we reached the top, something truly remarkable happened...we were having fun! We were happy again!

This verse pinpoints my day to a "T"!


Something Remarkable
(An excerpt from One-Minute Prayers for Women)

Everyone was amazed and gave praise to God. They were filled with awe and said, "We have seen remarkable things today."
~ Luke 5:26~

Lord, I confess I have been thinking about how unremarkable my life is. I wake up, I go to work, I try to be a good friend and a loving member of my family, but nothing extraordinary takes place. It is just me, moving through the daily necessities.

Lord, forgive me...I have forgotten how remarkable it is to breathe in and out, to be alive. Somehow I have ignored the privilege of true joy. And how may times have I been amazed by Your compassionate covering of my hurts? Each day that I move deeper into the future You have planned for me is a miracle of renewal. Praise You, Lord, for You are doing remarkable things in my life today. Sometimes I just need to be reminded.

~~~~~~~~

Today was truly my reminder! I hope this brings light to the doldrums of an 'average' day for you as well!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment