Sunday, July 22, 2012

Courage and Strength

 (The following is an excerpt from One-Minute Prayers for Women)

The Strength of Jesus

But Christ is faithful as a son over God's house. And we are his house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast.
- Hebrews 3:6 -

"I am weak but He is strong." Yes, Jesus loves me. And I am so thankful. My weakness is more apparent all the time. I should be old enough to know better about everything. But I don't. I take false steps in strange directions. I strive to measure up to the world's expectations. But what I really want is to measure up as a child of God who needs the help of her Lord. I want Your power in my life.

Help me turn my hope into true strength. I am weak. But I know the One who lifts me above my circumstances. Let courage grow from my active faith.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes it's hard to admit we can be wrong; or that we get caught up in the thought or excitement of something so much that we lose sight of what is true. I've been there... a lot! This small prayer brings it all into perspective for me. I may get all wrapped up in the expectations and ideas of others, but if I allow myself to pause for just a moment, I remember just what it is I am working towards!


May this bring a little hope to your day and the beginning of this week.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment