Monday, August 6, 2012

To Round Out the Past Week...

This very busy week was both fun & productive! Here is just a sample of what we've been up to!

 My grape is doing phenomenal this year! So well, in fact, its outgrown the arbor I made last year and is trying to grow into my gate and composter. So this was my solution. I only used scrap wood I found in my garage or in the field beside me to build this little arbor. I think it looks darn cute and will do the job perfectly!



I've fallen in love with concrete art in the garden; urns, pots, birdbaths, you name it & I would gladly put it in my garden (I think ;)! So I decided to try my hand at making a bird-bath type thing. I had an old bag of concrete, large leaves from my garden, and some sand in the field next to us...and I'm pretty proud of how they turned out! (This week, I hope to give you a step-by-step so you can make these beauties yourself!!)


My library/sewing room/guest bedroom is FINALLY completely finished!! I installed the chair rail this past week with some pieces we had leftover from our baseboard project. I think it finished off the room beautifully and adds so much depth!




And last, but certainly not least, I picked my first mess of green beans! Yummy!!


Now that we have entered the month of August, I hope things will slow down a bit and I will have more time to update you on all the going's on around here. There is so much happening all around...I'm excited to be able to enjoy it now!

Let me know how things are in your gardens or with your projects. I love to hear and to try new things out!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment