Monday, August 20, 2012

Project Update!

Well, after an extremely relaxing weekend camping ( :-) ), I managed to muster up enough motivation after a day at work to make some progress on my garden bench. I'm almost finished!! And, it's turning out even better than I had thought it would!!

The counter top is made of salvaged wood floor I pieced together, sanded down, and finished. I also got my sink in and was able to caulk it as well:-)
I then attached a wire basket to the side for storage or to hold produce, or the like.

I wanted a unique back-splash for this very large, rustic bench, so I've been weighing my options. I found an old galvanized sheet of roof metal discarded out in our field so I brought it home. I think it'll and an interesting touch...now I just have to figure out how to cut it!!

So, that's where I'm at. I've learned a lot and had a blast thus far. I can't wait to finish it up so I can use it!!

What projects have you started or longed to start? Share it with us; it's fun to see what others are up to:-)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment