Friday, August 24, 2012

Bits of Nothingness

Letting Go of Nothing
 
Hold on to instruction, do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life.
~Proverbs 4:13~

When I filter out needless information from my gathering of knowledge, what remains are the eternal truths You provide. In my business, I acquire a lot of worthless detail about so many different things. I memorize addresses, PIN codes, passwords, airport regulations, and word processing shortcuts. There is little room left for Your instruction.
 
Clear my mind, Lord. Details are important, but when I come to You in prayer, I want to let go of these bits of nothingness. Let them fade away so I can hold tightly to Your instruction as You speak it into my heart.
 
(Excerpt from One-Minute Prayers for Women)
 
It is so easy to become overwhelmed by the happenings of the week and to become bogged down with all of the lists and needs of others. So when we take a moment to approach the Lord in prayer, it is hard to focus on Him and hear Him speak. 
 
We must learn to take a break and clear our minds of all of the little bits of information we constantly accumulate; learn to cling to what is truly important and forget what is just passing. So, take a moment to wander in your garden or park. Listen to the sounds around you, see everything, feel yourself relaxing and letting go. It is then when we can focus clearly and listen fully to our Lord.
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment