Wednesday, August 15, 2012

New Big Summer Project

So, as if I have nothing else to do, I've decided to accept the challenge of making an outdoor potting/washing station for my back patio. I've been wishing I had a place to wash all of my fresh fruits & vegetables so I don't get dirt and gravel in my drain, or track dirt and bugs all over my house, or get potting soil everywhere but my pots. So my solution is a large bench with sink, faucet, shelves, and hangers.

Not wanting to spend a great deal of money on this thing, I hunted for leftover wood, screws, hooks, sink, etc. By the end of day one, my frame & counter are done. Now all I have to do is create a countertop, find a faucet & adapters, finish the shelves, & paint.

I wanted to share this experience because when we put our minds to a task, no matter how hard it may be, we can work through it and make it fit our needs with what we have or can afford. Don't ever sell yourself short; don't tell yourself you can't do something before you try. Do that, and you've already failed! Ask for help, strength, and direction & you'll be amazed what you can do!!

I'll keep you posted in my progress! However, in the mean time, share your projects or things you've accomplished that make you proud!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment