Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Seasonal Reflections

Christmas has been such a blessing for my little family! We were able to visit extended family members we haven't seen very often, attend a beautiful Christmas eve church service, return home for a dinner of Christmas eve lamb (a little family recipe I would not willingly give out ;-), cross-country skiing in my backyard/field, my Christmas walk with my husband and our dogs, and giving and receiving some well-thought-out presents! It was definitely a busy two days, but when we focused on each other and God's gift, it was most definitely a time to cherish!

This year, I got cam the One-Minute Prayers for Men devotional book. I was excited to give it to him and he was even more excited to read it...he knows how much I use my devotional and how much I love it, so he is enthusiastic to read this one!

So here is our first reading:

Take the High Road
 
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." 
 
~Isaiah 55:8-9~
 
My earthly perspective is in the trenches right now. Lord, pull me out of this place and lift my thoughts to a higher plane so I begin to see life as You do. What started as a rut became a chasm that limited my ability to succeed or move forward in Your will. Please forgive me for thinking You would be limited by the walls of that trench. I forgot that Your are God.
 
When You bring me home to heaven, I will already know the feeling of rising above my human circumstances, because today You lifted me up and showed me, once again, that You are God.
 
What beauty can be found in these words! And how easy is it to find ourselves in this very place. It is so easy to become stuck in a certain way of life or feeling or opinion. God has extended us so much grace and love, that it's sometimes hard to know we question Him. But when questions arise, turning to Him in prayer, guidance, and His word will bring us back to His true peace!
 
I hope you had a most wonderful Christmas! I also pray you find this prayer comforting to you this time of year!
 
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment