Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Joy

 
Christmas is a time for us to acknowledge and celebrate the birth of Christ. Unfortunately, so many of us get caught up in the rush to buy presents, throw and attend Christmas parties, entertain family, and rush around to make sure no one is left out, that we can easily lose sight of the meaning and joy of Christmas. We become stressed and overwhelmed making this season more of a burden than a time of enjoyment.

Seeing this all around me – those at work, family, and strangers on the street – I tried to think of words of encouragement to comfort those, and myself at times, who need it to get back to the true meaning of this time of year. I stumbled across this scripture and was completely moved!
So I recommend having fun, because there is nothing better for people in this world than to eat, drink, and enjoy life. That way they will experience some happiness along with all the hard work God gives them under the sun.
~Ecclesiastes 8:15~
How amazing! A verse telling us to have fun!
When we work diligently doing what God has laid in our lives and according to His will, He knows how much we need to take a moment to relax and enjoy all He has blessed us with: our surroundings, families, friends.
So this season, let's follow this command and take a moment during our busy working lives to set aside time for fun! Whatever it may be for you (as long as it is a healthy fun, pleaseJ) make sure you follow through! It will not only help you enjoy this blessed season more, but will mean a lot, and make a difference, with those you love and those you meet each day! I know I will definitely be making more time for fun especially as winter drags on!
What will you make time for this season? Share with us! I’ll be sure to let you know what fun things I make time for!
I hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment