Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pause...for just a moment

My Spring tulips and beliefs for each day


Today, of all days, I was ever-so-gently reminded of how blessed I am. Not only can I afford to  pay all of my bills at the moment, I am also fortunate enough to know I am ABLE to work in my garden and change it according to my abilities!

Sometimes I pause where I stand in my garden, for lack of desire or out of pure exhaustion, and reflect on what I have. This time of reflection makes me grateful for everything I have been blessed with and all of the blessings I continue to receive.

While my life is fairly simple, compared to most in this hectic hubbub of a society, I am still often times drawn into a fast-paced life; one that passes you by before you can truly experience it in its entirety. When I step back and notice this, I am able to slow down, reflect, and remember the reason 'why' I am able...because of our Lord!

I am constantly reminded of this verse: I Timothy 6:6-10 :


But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into foolish and harmful desires that plunge  them into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

To me, this verse resonates in my heart. I have seen what the love of money can do to people; it can take 'good' people and morph them into something unrecognizable...something unhappy and in-content with life.

In my journey and quest to my "ultimate" 5 acre homestead, I remind myself I have been blessed with everything. Yes, I have worked hard, but it is because of my faith and the continuous blessings from my Savior, that I am able to achieve what I have.

Please remember, what we have is temporary...if we're not happy being ourselves in our everyday lives, we aren't truly happy!

Don't be discouraged but encouraged! We have each day to look forward to...embrace it, challenge it, and make the most of it, no matter what! Not only will we be able to see what we have, but we will have yet another opportunity to make a difference!




No comments:

Post a Comment