Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memories

After a hard day's work in the garden today - I dug up my eitire garden with one shovel, mowed for an hour and a half all with a push mower, weeded, planted, and watered - I really felt like I was entitled to an evening of complete relaxation.

Cam and I had a really nice barbeque and sat in our front grass with the dogs and just played! I cannot tell you how long it has been since we have let ourselves just 'be' with eachother, but it was definately much needed. We sat around the dining room table after that till the sun went down (about 9 pm) just reminiscing about how we met, our fondest memories, how far we have come as a couple, and so much more. I must say....it was needed and well-worth it!!

When life gets hectic and crazy, it's easy to start taking the best things in our lives for granted. I'm just as guilty as the rest when it comes to this. That's why I think tonight was so important for me.

What we need to remember is who we are in the hub-ub of everyday life. It's truly only when we take a breif moment to reflect that we can see just who we have become and what our lives have morphed into.   We will not be, most of the time, disappointed with what we see. If we remain true to ourselves, we can accomplish so many tihngs!

Take a moment to reflect on what you've done": accomplishments, influences, memories you've created and stirve to continue to make a difference. We can do this through our gardens and our lives. Whichever you choose, do it whole-heartedly! Embrace it and acknowledge it; you will be rewarded for it!!

Much Love!

1 comment:

  1. Jen! I love you and I love this post! I loved reading it! :) I can't wait until I get to come visit you and Cam! Love you both! Miss you and can't wait to come over and play outside and BBQ and eat fresh fruit and go for our walks! Love you! Love you! Love you! You're so wonderful and beautiful my sweet friend!!!

    Love,
    Julia :)

    ReplyDelete