Wednesday, May 16, 2012

"Direction: The Guiding Force of Nature"

Excerpt taken from One-Minute Prayers for Women


"He loads the clouds with moisture; he scatters his lightning through them. At his direction they swirl around over the face of the whole earth to do whatever he commands them."
- Job 37:11-12

~~~


"Lord, Your hand choreographs the dance of nature. You speak forth the rhythm of the ocean waves. Your word commands the clouds to rain on the thirsty land. The precise action and inaction of every element is under your instruction. Why do I challenge the force of Your will in my life? I need only to witness the power of a stormy day or watch the sun dissolve into the horizon to know that You rule over all living things.

The beauty of creation can be mirrored in my own life. I must first give myself over to the dance that You choreograph. May I leap with full joy. Let my sweeping bow mimic Your grace. And as I stretch heavenward with open arms, may I be ready to receive the loving commands You rain down on me."

~~~

Again, may I point out how much I LOVE this book! No matter what I face throughout my day - fear, uncertainty, longing, emptiness, contentment, gratefulness, anxiety, or sorrow - I have found encouragement here! Reading through these pages, even if it only a single page, gives me the confidence and peace to know I CAN make it through the day. Not only can I survive, but I can survive with the knowledge that today I can make a difference or be a Christian example to those who surround me. That knowledge is such a blessing!

This excerpt really struck me today. I have been fortunate enough to be able to enjoy the beautiful weather we have been graced with for the past several days. I have worked outside, planted, tended, and built up my garden and have enjoyed it all. However, I also have a part-time job that takes me out of the garden each week and allows me time to converse with families and young children. I enjoy it very much! There are days, I'll be the first to admit, that I resent the fact that I have to sit in an office for an entire afternoon and can't be working out in the soul warming sunshine.

Today was one of those days for me. I struggled extensively, trying to be excited to go to work. And then it hit me; today, I have a chance to be a positive example to young girls (I work at a dance studio with 3-18yr olds!). Just as I care for the land I call my "homestead" I have been given the opportunity to care for the young people I am immersed in each Wednesday! With that realization, I was excited to go to work and share all the love and living I have been blessed with!

Just as I know God commands all the actions of the universe, I know He laid out plans for me as well. I need to begin to trust Him and follow His guidance everyday - no matter what I want - because I never know just what He has in store for me or how I can be of encouragement to those around me!

This is how I was affected by this 'prayer' for today. I would love to hear how this impacts you as well! If you feel so inclined, comment on how this impacts you...I'd love to hear!

Mt. Jefferson from my backyard







No comments:

Post a Comment