Saturday, May 26, 2012

Being Thankful For Everything

At all times and for everything give thanks in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God the Father. 

~Ephesians 5:20

For the past week, we have had anything but ideal weather...at least in my opinion. With gray cloudy skies, wind gusting at 20-25 mph, intermittent rain showers (down-pour at times), and dropping temperatures, it's hard for me to have the motivation to care for my garden and even harder for me to be thankful it all!

My 'sour' disposition as of late has led me to try to change my way of thinking: surely there is something positive I can find about this! When I began to change my attitude to one that is grateful for everything, I began to notice my attitude in general improved and I began to find peace in simple day-to-day happenings.

I am thankful for the rain: it nourishes my plants, seedlings, and my soul. 
I am thankful for the wind: it keeps the bugs at bay and brings fresh air into my life.
I am thankful for the clouds: it holds in the heat and moisture to create a cleansing atmosphere.
I am thankful for the cool weather: it will be hot soon enough, so I must enjoy it while it's here.
  

(These days may have been gloomy...but at the end of each one of them, I've been greeted with a beautiful sunset!)

Whatever is going on, we must try to find the good in it. If we can do that, a whole new perspective on life will emerge. Who knows, it may even offer you many new rewards and opportunities as well!

Be thankful...it's beautiful!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment