Thursday, June 27, 2013

Riding the Waves of Life


When I stop for just a moment and think about all I want to do each day, I realize that my mind wants more than the 24 hours but my body is screaming for rest by dusk. I know that so many of us feel this way, especially us women.

As I've mentioned, I work at the dance studio in town and this week is our recital week! It's exciting, fun, and oh-so-rewarding, but it's also exhausting. With two other jobs riding along side (not to mention my more "domestic" job as well),  I've worn myself thin...which we all do from time-to-time. Hence the lack of posts this week. 

Our recital begins tomorrow evening and then we have a show Saturday early afternoon and one more Saturday night. Everyone has worked so hard and it's always beautiful and a lot of fun! I'm really excited for these young men and women! :-) This excitement, however, has also given way to my exhaustion and lack of time to do much in my garden. I love my job so I'm completely fulfilled... I'm just beginning to  notice signs of neglect on my garden.

Once this weekend has passed, I hope to be back to catch you up on what's been going on, what I've learned and hopefully share some new garden/food/life news!

But for now, I wish to leave you with this: go out into your garden and find a spot in which you can reflect and gaze at its beauty. Relax, enjoy it, appreciate it, and soak it all in because this moment will never be back again.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment