Monday, June 10, 2013

Life & Living

My life feels scattered at the moment. I have been so overwhelmed lately by the changes going on that I haven't really had a spare moment to explore my passions; the things that I find fulfilling. But that is life. And I am learning, slowly, that we must take the things God gives us and work with them. So when I read this verse tonight, I was so struck that I wanted to share it:

How to Live
 
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.
 
~1 Thessalonians: 11-12~
 
God, You created life to be a process of growing and becoming. Learning how to live becomes a lifelong journey. Just when I think I have arrived at the place where You will surely have me stay, change happens and I am prodded to go further.
 
As You call me to keep moving and growing, I abide by the guidelines You offer in Your Word. I lead a quiet life focused on You. I mind my own business and strive to earn the respect of other people by working hard. And each day I renew my commitment to walk in Your will
 
(This prayer comes from the devotional book One-Minute Prayers for Men...my second favorite devotional to date!)
 
I hope this brings you hope and comfort...and a guidance on how we are to live. We must always take great comfort in the fact that, while things may be constantly changing, God's plan is always in effect.
 
What does this prayer evoke in you? I'd love to hear...we are all growing and learning together!
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment