Monday, March 25, 2013

Trust and Remberance

Life is always full of unexpected moments; some good and others very humbling and full of grieving.
Tonight, my family finds itself here; trying to wrap our  heads around a very new reality. It's not easy, God never said it would be, but we must trust in the Lord to help us through.

As we sit here in reflection tonight, a simple prayer and verse provides the comfort we seek. Here it is:
 
(The following is an excerpt from One-Minute Prayers for Women...my favorite devotional!)
 
A Song to Sing
 
I trust in your unfailing love, my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me.
~Psalm 13:5-6~
 
God, You have been so good to me. I trust You and what You are doing in my life. Some days I clearly see Your love for me. I received a kind word at a time of sorrow. I was offered help when I was afraid to ask. And just when I thought I could not continue, I had a vision of what Your hand was doing in that very circumstance.
 
I could not navigate my days without trusting Your love and intent for good. I pray that my actions translate into lyrics for the world to hear. I want everyone to know the song of Your love and mercy. I lift up my voice to proclaim Your goodness. "I know a love that never fail me!" I cry out into a world of people who know only of broken love and misplaced trust. Thank You, Lord, for giving me a song to sing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No matter what God places in our path, we must remember that all things work for His good. It's not usually easy, but remembering God's promises and of His unfailing love, I know that this time will last for a moment and will work magnificently into His plans!

Does this verse evoke something within you? Please share, it's wonderful to hear how Christ works through us all!

Enjoy!






















No comments:

Post a Comment