Sunday, March 31, 2013

A Blessed Easter

Today is Easter.  It is a day to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord, Jesus, and all of the gifts He has given us!

Cam and I have an Easter tradition...we like to go to sunrise service. We both find so much beauty in the early morning; it's quiet, calm and peaceful, life is beginning to wake up as the sun makes its first appearance, and bad just seems to disappear. So getting up early one morning to celebrate this life, peace, and God's truth seems like the least we can do! We love it!

I will admit though, this morning was a bit of a struggle. Last night we decided to watch a movie and stay up late chatting, think 1 a.m. late! So when the alarm went off at 5 a.m. it was extremely tempting to turn it off and go back to sleep. But that's not what today was about. No, it was about celebrating something so much greater and fulfilling than ourselves! So in good spirits we both rolled out of bed, grabbed some hot coffee and warm coats, and hit the road!

It was a cold 35 degrees on top of the butte where services were held. The breeze also decided to join us making it a pretty chilly morning. But the service, worship, and sunrise were beyond words!

Having begun the day with so much wonder and beauty, the remainder of our day was filled with much of the same! It was peaceful and perfect. With that in mind, I wanted to share our devotionals for today. They represent how we felt and what today was truly about! Here they are:
 
My morning devotional:
 
Keep Talking
(Excerpt taken from One-Minute Prayers for Women)
 
The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that your are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."
~Matthew 28:5-7~
 
You give me a wonderful message to share, Lord. You entrust me with a mighty word to speak to other people. My personal testimony is not elaborate, but it contains the miracle of spiritual rebirth.
 
You revealed Your resurrection to women, and Your angel directed them to share the news. I believe You continue to use women in this way; Your goodness is for every one of Your children. May I follow in the footsteps of those who loved You when You walked the earth. And my I continue to believe the wonder I have been shown: Your love.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Cam's morning devotional:
 
Lord, I believe!
(Excerpt taken from One-Minute Prayers for Men)
 
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life.
~John 3:36~
 
Lord, I believe! I believe in You and I believe in Your Son. And for such a simple faith, You have given me eternal life. That eternal life is not something I will someday inherit, it's mine right now and I rejoice in it. I also have eternal fellowship with You...even now, Lord. I am a blessed man, no matter what my day holds.
 
Thank You for the gift of eternal life. Thank You for Your Son. You are worthy of praise!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
These verses and prayers surmised our feelings and hopes for the day impeccably! We couldn't have asked for a more wonderful way to celebrate our Lord!
 
I pray that you and your family had a blessed and most wonderful Easter, filled with hope, love, and blessings!
 
Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment