Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

My Valentine's Day :)
Today is a day filled with love. We see balloons, cards, and flowers all declaring how much we love the special people in our lives. It's beautiful. It's special.

My wonderful husband made me feel so valued today. I received long-stemmed roses, two homesteading magazines (:-), a heart-warming card, he made me a wonderful dinner (sushi!), and we spent the evening talking about our dreams! It was perfect!

But there is so much more love out there awaiting us...more than just one day. It is a promise and a knowledge that we have someone - someone who will never leave - to always hold us in his unconditionally loving arms: God, our Lord. This thought has been so present with me the last several days. And when I read this devotional, I couldn't help but want to share it, and hopefully, the joy it created in me!
 
(The following excerpt comes from my favorite devotional book: One-Minute Prayers for Women, text by Hope Lyda)


Better than Life
 
 
Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
~Psalm 63:3~
 
My favorite things in life are examples of Your perfect beauty. A sky so blue it reflects peace. Friendships so strong they mirror Your faithfulness. Happiness so deep it encompasses Your joy. I cannot separate You from these miracles of life, because You are at the core of them. And as much as I cherish these gifts, I know Your love for me and for Your creation is even more vibrant.
 
Lord, I praise Your presence in every remarkable thing. Your radiance illuminates the miraculous in each moment. May I sing Your praises all the day long. May my lips glorify You because there is nothing better than Your love.
 
I pray that no matter where you are in life, or where you are at on this day, you can find peace, hope, joy, and love in this prayer! I know I did! May we always be thankful and give thanks to the one who continually blesses each and every day we are blessed with!
 
Enjoy and Happy Valentine's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment