Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Moment from the Heart

As this week progresses, Cam and I have found ourselves somewhat overwhelmed by life. There are always things going on that are out of our control and we feel as though we are becoming helpless. But in these times, I have to remind myself that God is working everything out according to HIS will...not necessarily mine. A very hard lesson to learn but also one of the most rewarding.

As we find ourselves in this place, I was stuck by this prayer. It is a great reminder of how much we need to remember to rely on Him for comfort, strength, and health!

 
Health and Happiness
 

"My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body."
 
~Proverbs 4:20-22~
 
Father God, Your Word gives me life. It gives me both spiritual strength and physical power. Your words are health to my body and my spirit. May Your truth penetrate my whole being and keep me in health and happiness. Allow Your Word to refresh me and give me the vitality of a confident soldier.
 
(Excerpt taken from One-Minute Prayers for Men)
 
As you find yourself going through the motions of the week, I pray that this prayer and verse will bring you comfort.
 
It is easy to get wrapped up in the happenings of life and to forget, and neglect, the One who can provide us with true comfort and happiness. Read and listen to His word. When we can trust in Him and His plan, we will be at peace.
 
Enjoy!!
 
What does this prayer mean to you? How do you feel about it and how will it make a difference, if any, in your life? Please share! I'd love to hear and learn!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment