Monday, May 13, 2013

Freedom

Have you ever had those days when you work and work, but at the end of the day you don't feel like you've done or accomplished much of anything? That's how I've felt lately.

If I stop and really think about it, I've been so busy recently that I haven't really had much of a chance to sit down and relax in the evenings. I'm working outside the home, coming back and doing household chores, eating, weeding, watering and trying to 'beautify' my front pots and back flower beds. But for whatever reason that feels so mundane.

My yard looks better than ever right now; everything is in full bloom and smells wondrous! But I haven't been able to really share it with anyone, not even myself. This fact makes me pause.

 Lately, when I look out into my garden I see dirt. Dirt I can't yet do anything with because of less-than satisfactory weather conditions. I see work I want to do but don't have time to. I see unfinished projects and neglect. I haven't been able to see, appreciate, or understand the very hobby I love.

But tonight, after reading this devotional, I have a new and refreshing view of where I am in my life's journey. Here it is:

Refreshment
 
You gave abundant showers. O God; you refreshed your weary inheritance. Your people settled in it and from your bounty, O God, you provided for the poor.
~Psalm 68:9-10~
 
I grow weary on my journey sometimes. You have carried me often, Lord. I have felt used and useless when going through a rough spot - a dry existence that lacks nourishment and substance. Anything I try to grow just withers and blows away toward the horizon...far away from me.
 
I look back on these times of my journey. You have sent showers of refreshment in many ways - opportunities appeared when I doubted their existence, kindness humbled me and my bad attitude, and abundant love flooded through me. Your provision has brought me back to life. My path continues, and I am no longer afraid of the droughts I may face along the way.
 
(This prayer was taken from One-Minute Prayers for Women)
 
 
This has brought things back into focus for me. I am renewed with thankfulness for all that the Lord has blessed me with.
 
Does this bring you comfort? How does this prayer affect you or apply to your life? I'd love to hear how you feel about this as well!
 
Enjoy and I hope this brings you comfort!


No comments:

Post a Comment