Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving Re-cap!

I know it seems a little late, but I was blessed enough to have a short vacation after Thanksgiving Day with my husband, so here is a little snippet of my Thanksgiving day!



 

What a special day! It was filled with family, quality time spent together, and new memories to last a lifetime!

The first part of our visit was spent preparing the meal and visiting. I had the chance to see some family that I haven't seen in several years...it was such a wonderful time! As the food was set at the table, we all sat and enjoyed a wonderful and delicious meal.

After our dinner, we did our 'Turkey Wattle' 5K walk. It was dark, cool, and damp, but extremely fun! For three-quarters of the walk I held my baby cousin who fell asleep in my arms; talked to family for the entire time...I couldn't have asked for a better end to a beautiful day!

Our 5k 'Turkey Wattle' walk participants!


 There is so much to be thankful for. No matter what we find ourselves in-the-midst-of or overwhelmed by, there is always a reason to give thanks! I hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving Day!!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I wish they had some sort of walk like that here after Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun! There was an official 5K earlier that day, but becausee of my families very immovable work schedules on this day, we adapted by creating our own! When you can't make it to an 'offical' one (or can afford it...their kind of spendy...), fashion your own! We did precisely that and enjoyed every moment of it! We even had our own shirts!!

      Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. What a fun day! Did you try any new recipes worth sharing? Can't wait to hear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. I didn't scroll down to the next entry. I just looked up the Bobby Flay Cranberry sauce recipe. It looks different, in a tasty kind of way. Thanks for the ideas. Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The cranberry was delicious on trukey sandwiches later that evening and on Friday! It was sweet and delightfully tangy and spicy...a perfect route away from the traditional 'leftovers'!

      I hope you try it for yourself...I only hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!

      Delete