Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Time of Peace

(The following is an excerpt from One-Minute Prayers for Women)

Choosing Peace

If it is Possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

~Romans 12:18~

Lord, I long for Your peace in my soul. I wish to draw it in and release it to others. Where I have a chance to act out Your peace, please let me be strong and brave. Conflict is easier sometimes. It allows me to build barriers between me and another, or between me and the right way. But there is little comfort when I stand alone, indignant on one side of the wall.

May I meditate on Your Word so that it rises to my mind in place of angry and defensive language. Peace flows from You and into my life. I know its power to change behaviour and remove blindness. Grant me the opportunity to share this gift.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I completely stand humbled this evening. This devotional made me stop and reflect on my attitude and my daily-outlook. I long for peace. I long for a life filled with strength, hope and peace. So why then do I find myself so caught up in 'stuff' on a daily basis? Why do I tend to dwell on the little insignificant moments of life and not on the moments that create a beautiful liveliness?

Living at peace with myself and with where I'm at in life will allow me to share this peace with those around me! I pray that I can accept and act on this peace that God grants us. When I can, I pray that I can show those around me how wonderful His peace is!

 May you find peace this week...and be able to share it with others! I know I am going to try!!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment