Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Opportunities

Embracing the Unknown

Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
~Psalm 25:4-5~

Father in heaven, You see all that takes place in my life. Know this gives me peace as I face transition. I exchange my uncertainty for Your promise of security. Open my eyes to the wonders of every turn, tangent, and seeming detour I encounter. I don't want to miss a miracle by starting a new journey diminished by regret, pride, or misplaced longing. I want to long for You. For the path You carve out for me.
Remove the blinders from my physical and spiritual eyes, Lord. I want to see the beauty of the landscape You have built around me. And I want to savor the opportunity that rests on the horizon. As I face a new direction, this time my heart flutters with excitement and not with worry. I am eager to see what You have in store for me. I accept Your provision, Lord.

(Excerpt taken from One-Minute Prayers for Women)

This is how Cam and I are feeling today...so much goes on each day that requires our attention and change. At times we doubt; how could this really be the direction we are to take? And other times it feels like: how could we have possibly doubted you Lord?!

What we need to work on is our ability to listen. It's important to us to go through our days doing what we think God is asking of us. But what we need to remember is this: we need to focus on Him and His direction to truly grasp the opportunities He provides us with each and every day.

So as we move through the rest of the week, try to acknowledge those moments in our "ordinary days" that may be more than just ordinary. Perhaps these moments are of God and we need to recognize them and work with them.

I hope this helps you through the rest of your week ahead!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment