Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Grief

I have been very sidetracked these last several days with, well, life. Things that happen without warning or cause; they're thrust into outlives whether we're ready or not. They are painful moments, often heart & gut wrenching, and can make life feel unbearable.

But through all of this lately, I have found strength and comfort with and in Christ. When I feel like I can't, nor would I wish to accept the current circumstance and move on, I cling to the hope I still have in Jesus. He never promised a life of ease or perfection. No, matter-of-factly, he said our way WILL be rough. He knows it. He has prepared us somewhat for what we are to face.

Each experience is different and each situation requires a unique approach. So that's where I'm at. I feel low and burdened; finding sunshine, comforting, and positivity can be a chore. But I am holding on to this truth...everything will work out, & I will make it through, by the grace of God!

"For everything, there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to laugh..."
~Ecclesiastes 3:1-4~

1 comment: