Wednesday, January 23, 2013

29 Years in the Making

Yesterday was my 29th birthday. The weather had us encased in freezing fog for the entire day, so it was beautiful but created a very lonely feeling. But because I am truly blessed, my day did not remain so! For me, this day was more about friends and family than anything else, and that is precisely how it was filled!

As I read my daily devotional today I was once again reminded of these blessings, especially the relationships which make up my life! Here is that devotional:

Love One Another
 
Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.
 
~Romans 13:8~
 
God, I pray for renewal in my relationships with family and friends. My heartstrings are tied to so many people that I sometimes lose sight of the uniqueness and privilege of each individual relationship. Guide my thoughts and my prayers so that I would be discerning the needs of those You have brought into my life. May I see how each friend and family member is a part of the body of Christ.
 
When I need encouragement and laughter, draw me to those who offer such nourishment. I thank You for the people in my life who bring comfort, who pray for me, and who are examples of Your life. Some connections are fragile and tenuous, others are deeply rooted and mighty; I pray for wisdom to know how to nurture each one.

 
(This prayer was taken from One-Minute Prayers for Women)

Yesterday made me stop and think - reflect, as it were - about what my life is really made of. I will always have moments where I question my worth, my value, my place in this world. It's natural. But those moments will never be greater than the blessings of Christ. He has provided me with so much, some minuscule and others grand...both of which make up my life! As I reflect in amazement on this one day, I know that whatever God has in store for my life, not without some hardships guaranteed, He will always bless me more than I could ever ask for!

How does this verse impact you? What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday--may your next year be doubly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I can't wait to see what's in store!

      Delete