Sunday, October 28, 2012

Simplicity and Peace

As I sit here tonight, with both my dogs at my feet and my cat curled up purring on my lap, I had every intention of writing about preparing your soil for the winter months ahead. But as I stared at the computer screen I felt compelled to write more about the things weighing on my heart than what has been busying my hands lately. So this is where I'm at...and I hope it's encouraging!


Longing for Company
 
And now, O Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to observe the Lord's commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good?
~Deuteronomy 10:12-13~
 
When was the last time I spoke to You from my heart? Some days bring trials, others bring joy. Today brings a mixture of both. I am thankful to have entered into Your presence because I was longing for Your company without even knowing it.
 
Is my day going as You planned? Am I missing something wonderful, important, divine? Help me embrace today's complexities, questions, and ordinary demands. Somehow just sitting here in Your presence is changing my outlook for the rest of today. Did You need to remind me that You were walking beside me? My pace has been so fast, sometimes even reckless, that I forgot how steady a moment can be. With just a brush of your spirit, my day has taken on the color of hope.
 
(This excerpt was taken from One-Minute Prayers for Women, my favorite devotional thus far!!)
 
I think this devotional stands beautifully on its own...and sums up my feelings superbly!
 
I hope you find this uplifting and encouraging as we enter into a busy work-week, whatever that may entail for you. I pray that it will help you where you are and guide you through the days ahead!
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment