Thursday, October 18, 2012

It's a Beautiful Life

 
 Tap into the Gift
 
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hears to God.
~ Colossians 3:16 ~
 
       
     You are my hiding place, Lord. You also dwell within my spirit. When I live on the surface and ride the wave of materialism, I miss out on using the gift of Your inner teachings. I want my wisdom to be based on Your truth. I want to share with other people without a sense of personal importance. Use me, my Lord. Strip me of my self-dependence, and cause me to rely solely on You.
           I have such gratitude in my heart because of Your goodness. I want my soul to be a place that welcomes grace and returns it to the world through kindness and compassion. Let my song of living ring with truth and resound within the hearts of other people.
 
(Excerpt taken from One-Minute Prayers for Women )
 
This prayer is beautiful...period. It's so easy to get caught up in worldly things and self-reliance. And for a while, it may work; things get done and we feel like we're happy. But down the road we experience moments of dissatisfaction, unhappiness, and questioning our belonging or meaning in life. I've been there and know how unsettling it is. But when we take a moment to acknowledge who has given us life and the freedom to think and feel freely, I find it extremely hard to believe I could do this all on my own. In fact, it's a life without hope in Christ that makes me fearful of what lies ahead in the remainder of my days.
 
I long to live a life where I can be myself; the woman Christ has created and planned for. It is that very truth that sends goosebumps down my spine...God may have more planned for my, or our lives that I or we could EVER imagine! How exciting is that?!
 
Be encouraged! There is always hope...trust me, I've been at the point where it feels like a futile effort to try to succeed. When we come to realize who is responsible for everything, we can truly step back from our defensive positions and trust in the will of Christ to lead us through! It's truly amazing!

 
As a side-note, another thing that has been extremely encouraging to me is the radio station Air1. The music is great and ministry, even better! I love this radio station and it's what I go to in the car and in my home! Check it out  and see if it's for you!                       
  I hope you enjoy!!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment